On Friday Categories:

When I used to go to the gym I used to always use these cardio machines. I would spend 30 - 60 minutes on each machine whilst taking advantage of the television they had. Now I kept this up for a couple of years with the aim of getting rid of my extra belly fat and revealing my abs. This however didn't happen during my time at the gym, which leads me to my question.. Are they pointless?

This was a frustrating time because I was spending hours each day exercising but with no results. Now it wasn't until a while ago I realised that I was exercising my body wrong! So wrong in fact I could see why I wasn't getting results.

I'm going to take you through some examples to prove why in fact these cardio are pointless and so hopefully you don't go down the same frustrating road as I did.

The first point I'm going to bring up and I'm sure were all thinking it, is that cardio machines are mind numbingly boring! Your there doing the same pace over and over for up to an hour. No wonder so many people give up. Your left with no motivation to come back the next day. So what do the gyms do? Put T.V's in of course..

Now this may solve being bored, being able to watch your favourite t.v show or the football whilst exercising. However there is a huge downside to this. Because you get into watching the tele you lose concentration on what your doing, your exercise. Your begin to slow down without realising it and then end up having an even less effective workout!

Another factor to consider is that outdoor running is so much more effective than running on a treadmill. Your find with the fresh air and open scenery outside that your efforts increase, which increases the amount of calories burnt. Also you don't get stride abnormalities outside as you can do on a treadmill which can lead to injuries.

I would recommend changing your pace when your running though as this conditions your heart in a much wider range. Also stimulating more fat burning hormones because of the greater intensity. So sprinting with short rest periods is way more effective than jogging!

You could be saving so much money as well by instead going to the gym investing in your own home gym. Now don't listen to the masses because home gyms aren't that expensive. You have no need to bother with any cardio equipment as you have the great outdoors for that! All you really need is a skipping rope, a few dumbbells ( maybe a bar ), stability ball, and perhaps a high tension band for variety. This along with body weight exercises is the perfect home gym.

I hope these tips help you break out of that boring routine and really get on track to reach your goals. Remember one of the most important things about exercise is that you have to enjoy it!



For better ways to work your body and achieve maximum weight loss visit http://www.unleash-the-potential.co.uk/

Thanks for reading, all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment